Looking for software to help make bio presentations

Daniel Leonard leonard at datura.BCH.UMontreal.CA
Mon Aug 28 07:24:49 EST 2000

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, In Vivo wrote:

> Hi, I'm going to make some bio presentations by powerpoint. Who can
> recommend some software that can help me draw illustrative pictures,
> such as cultured cell, petri dish, tubes, protein complexes, etc.?
> Somebody told me about Corel Draw. Do you have any more ideas?
>
> --
> In Vivo
> =======================
> E-mail: in_vivo at usa.net
> =======================

I might go for Adobe Illustrator, after all, illustrative pictures seems
more vector graphics than raster graphics. But this software cost money.

Maybe use "The Gimp" (http://www,gimp.org), work under *NIX and windows.

Daniel Léonard

OGMP Informatics Division    E-Mail: leonard at bch.umontreal.ca
Département de Biochimie     Tel   : (514) 343-6111 ext 5149
Université de Montréal       Fax   : (514) 343-2210
Montréal, Quebec             Office: Pavillon Principal G-312
Canada H3C 3J7               WWW   :