Windows port of contig assembly program

James Bonfield jkb at arran.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 31 06:05:42 EST 2000

In <8ok960$reg$1 at mirv.comms.unsw.edu.au> "Neil Saunders" <neil.saunders at unsw.edu.au> writes:

> A commercial port of Staden for Windows is supposed to be on the way-anyone
> have news on this?

It's been ready for distribution at least 6 months (and was working OK well
over a year ago), but I don't actually know whether it's being distributed!
MRC does not wish us to distribute the Windows version ourselves, hence the
long delay. It should be available from third party distributor(s) - currently
only eBioInformatics.

(I think eBioInformatics are waiting for a link-up with their bionavigator
before they distribute the Windows release, but that's not an authorative
answer - I try to keep out of the "distribution" side of things as there's
usually too many legal and political issues for my liking. I looked at their
web site and I couldn't see any mention of our software.)

James
--
James Bonfield (jkb at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk)   Tel: 01223 402499   Fax: 01223 213556
Also see Staden Package WWW site at http://www.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/pubseq/