Windows port of contig assembly program

Malay curiouser at ccmb.ap.nic.in
Thu Aug 31 12:03:36 EST 2000

>HOWEVER, please note that the windows one is not free. The politics of this
>are long winded so I won't bother to go into it, but it's sufficient to say
>that charging for it on Windows will actually secure our long-term aim of
>keeping the package free on Unix (including Linux).

I personally think keeping the windows "tinkerers" at bay is slightly
unfortunate for a package like Staden.

>Personally I think that having the Staden Package totally free in the GNU
>sense would really help it. (However it may also mean that we don't get any
>more grants! Any advice or suggestions?) Of course my personal opinions
don't
>matter a great deal as MRC is the copyright holder.

A GNU sence free will be the easiest way to make something *immortal*.
Unless you believe that grants will flow forever.

Malay
Malay Kumar Basu
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology
Hyderabad 500007
I N D I A

Fax: (00-91)40-7171195
Phone: (00-91)40-7172241
-----
Dime: a dollar with all the taxes taken out.
-----
curiouser at ccmb.ap.nic.in

---