Literature alert tool

Guenter Resch guenter.resch at
Thu Feb 17 16:26:26 EST 2000

Hi Nirav,

Nirav Merchant (nirav at arl.arizona.edu_no_spam):
> I wrote a similar tool a while back ..
> .

nice to meet you again... I signed in for this service today and it
looks pretty good: easy to operate, convenient option fields, ... Now
I'm waiting for the first notifications.

The only thing I don't like is the *very* limited length of the query
strings - about 80 characters, I guess. I usually use far more
complicated queries with lots of synonymes, logical operators and so
on - and most of them simply don't fit in there.

Though I think to know your problem - limited space in the database -
I would suggest to give the user a little more space.