Bernard Murray, PhD spam at
Tue Jan 11 00:09:42 EST 2000

In article <3879DEA5.1BC3B03E at>, Stefan Weckx
<sweckx at> wrote:

> To be able to compare some DNA assembly programs, I'm looking for raw
> DNA sequences (abi format) from a shotgun cloning and the final assebled
> sequence (BAC,..). It seems that it isn't possible to download this kind
> of files from the web. Can somebody help us?

To get some ideas on creating a fake dataset you might want to
look at an earlier study;

Miller MJ & Powell JI (1994)
"A quantitative comparison of DNA sequence assembly programs."
J Comput Biol 1994 Winter;1(4):257-69

They looked at a real dataset and used this to
design fake sets with different error levels.

Bernard P. Murray, PhD
bpmurray at cgl . ucsf . edu
Department of Cellular & Molecular Pharmacology, UCSF