Adaptive Simulated Annealing (ASA)

Lester Ingber ingber at
Fri Jan 21 18:00:40 EST 2000

It's been about a year and a half since I put out a general posting.
Since then there have been quite a few additions to the code.

		Adaptive Simulated Annealing ASA-20.2

ASA is one of the most powerful optimization algorithms for nonlinear
and stochastic systems.  The latest code can be retrieved using these

			Interactively Via WWW

The ASA archive can be accessed via WWW path

			Interactively Via Anonymous FTP

Code and reprints can be retrieved via anonymous FTP from  Interactively [brackets signify machine prompts]:
	[your_machine%] ftp
	[Name (...):] anonymous
	[Password:] your_e-mail_address
	[ftp>] binary
	[ftp>] ls
	[ftp>] get file_of_interest
	[ftp>] quit

The 00index file contains an index of the other files.  Files have the
same WWW and FTP paths under the main / directory; e.g., and reference the same file.

			Electronic Mail

If you do not have WWW or FTP access, get the Guide to Offline Internet
Access, returned by sending an e-mail to mail-server at with
only the words
	send usenet/news.answers/internet-services/access-via-email
in the body of the message.  The guide gives information on using
e-mail to access just about all InterNet information and documents.

To get on or off the ASA_list send your request to either
	asa-request at
	asa-request at
Update notices are sent to the ASA_list about every month or two, more
frequently if warranted, e.g., in cases of important bug fixes; these
notices are the only e-mail sent to the ASA_list.

			Additional Information

Limited help assisting people with queries on my codes and papers is
available only by electronic mail correspondence.  Sorry, I cannot mail
out hardcopies of code or papers.

 Lester Ingber   <ingber at>
 PO Box 06440    Wacker Dr PO Sears Tower    Chicago IL  60606-0440
 <ingber at>