Multiple Protein Alignment freeware for PC?

Arnoud van Vliet avvliet at
Mon Jul 3 14:52:22 EST 2000

Ioannis Michalopoulos <bgyim at> wrote in message
news:jpv0msk5hh3mivnr6drr8g520b1kv6ek78 at
> Hi there,
> I wonder if there is any FREE PC software, that could do multiple
> protein alignment, or at least make nice publishable pictures out of
> .msf files (I know SeqVu for Mac that does it).

you need GeneDoc, which can be downloaded from

Alignments can be made with Clustal etc, all freely available on the web. I
don't have the links here, but any Search engine will help you.

Hope this helps