Solaris on intel experiences

Jamie Kincaid jamie at
Tue Jul 18 09:01:02 EST 2000

Can anyone on this newsgroup share their experiences of running Solaris
on intel boxes?
This recently popped up as an option in a Linux v UNIX for bioinformatics
debate started by my colleague Keith Bradnam.

I am considering solaris x86 as an option having used Solaris happily on a
sun machine for some time now but was wondering what differences or
problems (if any) people have encountered.

Many thanks

Jamie Kincaid

Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre (NASC)
Plant Science Division (UP)
School of Biological Sciences
University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2RD

Phone: 0115 951 3091	Fax: 0115 951 3297