identification of promoters and terminators in a sequence

Andrea Hansen webmaster at
Sun Jul 23 05:28:43 EST 2000

jakku at ("R. Jayakumar") writes:
>    Is it possible to identify the presence of any putative promoters and
> terminators in a given DNA sequence.  ACtually I have a large DNA sequence
> of a putative gene.  I need to know where the promoters and other control
> elements is.

>   Can you tell me of any packages or websites which can do this for me
Hi Jayakumar,
here  they are:

Best regards,
Institut fuer Botanik III    Tel +49 211 81 12339
Heinrich-Heine-Universitaet  Fax +49 211 81 13554
Universitaetsstr.1           email : webmaster at
40225 Duesseldorf