comparative modelling

mgpoolman at mgpoolman at
Mon Jul 24 11:05:48 EST 2000

Nicolas Le Novère wrote:

> Hi,
> I am bored with the closeness of MODELLER and difficulty of its
> installation. Is anybody aware of open-source alternatives?
> --
>                        Nicolas Le Novère
> Neurobiologie Moléculaire, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris cedex FR
> e-mail : lenov at,
> tel : 33-(01)-45-68-88-44               fax : 33-(01)-45-68-88-36

I don't know what MODELLER does, but for a variety of biochemical
modelling s/w
have a look at related info and links
can be found at . None of this is actual open source,
but is free (in
the sense of beer). We're working on a proper open source simulator at
the moment,  which
will be anounced here, real soon.

Mark Poolman
Post-doctoral Researcher