Blast/Entrez search updaters?

nospam at nospam.net nospam at nospam.net
Mon Jun 5 14:54:34 EST 2000

Johanne Duhaime wrote:

> What about dbwatcher?
> http://www-igbmc.u-strasbg.fr/BioInfo/LocalDoc/DBWatcher/ which also use
> blastcl3

Thanks for the suggestion, but please let me know if there's any additional
documentation/help available to make the thing work.  Maybe I'm just blind
or stupid, but I can't find any obvious way of getting this thing to use
blastcl3 on a Linux box.  The documentation seems to be for a previous
version that doesn't have any options for blastcl3, and the Linux
executables from Askok Aiyar don't have any documentation.  In looking over
the DBwatcher docs, and running the Setdbwatcher program from the Linux
version, the Linux package seems to be set up for local searchs only.  Does
one have to recompile using blastcl3 libraries somehow?

Thanks,
Mike Holloway
holloway-1 at medctr.osu.edu