Shareware/Freeware sequence alignment and assembly programs?

Andrea Hansen webmaster at
Mon Jun 12 06:28:52 EST 2000

Brian <brianteas at> writes:
> I am looking for a shareware/freeware program for the macintosh which will
> be able to use editseq files generated from the DNAstar programs EditSeq and
> Seqman for alignment purposes.  If there is a program that will do this,
> will it also save the alignment in NEXUS format?  I am hoping to do more
> work from my home computer and can't afford my personal copy of the DNAStar
> tools, unless someone has a free copy they can give me.
Hi Brian,
we have lots of links for mac in our catalog even for your problem:

Institut fuer Botanik III    Tel +49 211 81 12339
Heinrich-Heine-Universitaet  Fax +49 211 81 13554
Universitaetsstr.1           email : webmaster at
40225 Duesseldorf