Linux vs Unix - part II

Damir Zucic zucic at
Mon Mar 6 06:37:42 EST 2000

Bernard Murray, PhD <spam at> wrote:
> In article <89olm2$39s$1 at>, ptribble at
> (Peter C. Tribble) wrote:
> This also highlights one of the other advantages of Linux (and *BSD
> distributions) occupying a larger mindset - a wider appreciation of
> open source software.  ... ... ...

There is one more thing: open source allows us to check the mathematical
formulas (well, at least in theory), otherwise you may get some results which
may be based on bad physics, chemistry etc.

> P.S. Garlic looks real nice, Damir.

Thanks. Are you interested to try garlic these days? Documentation is missing,
but I can write some brief instructions and put everything to my ftp site, if
some people would like to try the program and send me some comments and