Improved parallel Clustal W(X) 1.8 for SGI/IRIX

Dmitri Mikhailov dmitri at
Fri Mar 10 10:04:35 EST 2000

I would like to let you know that SGI has further parallelized the
CLUSTAL W 1.8 and CLUSTAL X 1.8 to run on IRIX 6.5. The new parallel
version can run upto 80% faster. It can be freely downloaded from the
following page:

When you click the "I accept" button at the bottom of the page (the
software is of course free), then both Parallel CLUSTAL W
("clustalw_mp") and Parallel CLUSTAL X ("clustalx_mp") will be
downloaded in the same file together. The distribution also contains a
README file with the details on how to run the program.

For questions and/or support on this application please contact me at
dmitri at Thank you very much for your interest.

Dmitri Mikhailov, PhD      ChemBio Applications
SGI                        email: dmitri at
1 Cabot Rd., #250          phone: (781) 839-2103
Hudson MA, 01749           fax:   (978) 562-7450