convert GCG to EMBL - with bells and whistles

andy law at
Fri Mar 24 12:05:53 EST 2000

Before I go ahead and write one, does anyone have a tool that will take a
large number of GCG sequence files and write them out in EMBL format
together with descriptions, references etc added by the user process.

This is for a part of an EST sequencing project that needs a tool to
submit the sequences to GENBANK/EMBL.

BioPerl is a start, but the classes are nowhere near finished for the
extra bits we need i.e. everything more than the sequence and ID bit.

Any other suggestions gratefully received

Andy Law
(Andy.Law at
(Big Nose in Edinburgh)