ABI data extraction utilities

Adrian Jenkins ajenkins at nibsc.ac.uk
Wed May 3 03:08:42 EST 2000

Hi All

I have spent some time investigating BIOEDIT and it appears to be
relatively powerful.

However it does have it's weakness in particular it's in ability to reverse
complement a sequence when using CAP.

Is any one aware of a Software package similar to Staden but for the PC.  A
collaborator of ours dose not appear to have access to unix servers etc.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you for your time

--

Enjoy....

Adrian

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

        NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR BIOLOGICAL STANDARDS AND CONTROL

        Adrian Jenkins          Molecular Virology Group
                                Division of Retrovirology
                                e-mail     ajenkins at nibsc.ac.uk
                                http://www.nibsc.ac.uk/

        "No plan survives contact with the enemy"  von Moltke

        "To Errr  is human, but when the eraser wears out
        ahead of the pencil; you're overdoing it."
                                                          Anon

---