Anyone: NCBI BLAST2 on >1 CPU on Solaris?

mike4 at cris.com mike4 at cris.com
Thu May 4 00:43:14 EST 2000

I'm having trouble getting BLAST2 (executable: blastall) to run on more
than one processor (i.e., when I specify the number of processors as 4
with the '-a' command line option).  It could have something to do with
my local environment, although I can get other programs (e.g. Perl) to
utilize all 4 processors.  Has anyone observed BLAST-2 running on more
than one processor in a 64-bit Solaris environment?  Does anyone know
of a trick to get BLAST2 to compile so that it can use all the
processors?

Any advice much appreciated,
Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/