How to access HG sequence data?

nospam at nospam at
Wed May 10 03:22:22 EST 2000

This message has been posted by:  m.mitchell at (Mike Mitchell)

In article <391823A2.12907408 at>, nospam at wrote:

> Bac sequence is coming out for specific regions in drips and draps with
> no discernible structure in place for readily identifying sequence from
> regions of interest.  Can anyone give advise on the best way of
> collecting new sequence information from specific chromosome locations?
> Presumably, the best way of identifying the sequence is by Blast
> searching with available marker sequence, but this seems to be time
> consuming and tedious.  Are there available tools for automating this?

I would try going to source, ie the labs that are sequencing the specific
chromosomes of interest, and the NCBI has a sequencing progress page:

and for more general stuff about sequencing:

We have a list of the labs sequencing the chromosomes:

Michael Mitchell                 "Smoke me a kipper,
User Support                  I'll be back for breakfast."
Molecular Biology Software      Ace Rimmer, Test Pilot
+44 (0)171 269 3115                BBC-TV Red Dwarf           ENFJ