gene structure visualisation software needed

Don Gilbert gilbertd at
Mon May 29 15:53:40 EST 2000

Jeroen Raes asked:
> Does anybody know of a program to make 'boxed' representations of gene
> structures in stead of spending hours to draw them?

There are various programs that do this. Some that I've developed

SeqPup, at
will do some sequence feature drawings for gene sized sequences.
You can see some example drawings (test*.pdf) in the drawseq subset of it at
Drawing output formats include PDF and GIF.

For genome-sized sequence maps, I'm working on a program called
gnomap, which you can see examples of Worm, Fly, Yeast and Weed
chromosome maps in these organism's folders at
The program and source to gnomap software is not yet publicly available,
but let me know if you care to try it.  It isn't designed for
wide customization of the feature drawings as is the SeqPup/drawseq

-- Don

-- d.gilbert--bioinformatics--indiana-u--bloomington-in-47405
-- gilbertd at