best software for MB lab

ql qin.ling at medew.dpw.wau.nl
Thu Nov 2 10:31:55 EST 2000

Hello:

At this time we are looking for a software package, which is suitable for a
normal molecular biology lab.
It should perform sequence assembly (not genome scale), multiple alignment,
tree building, primer select, restriction mapping, protein analysis, etc. We
are now using the DNASTAR package for windows, for the most part, this
package is rather good, but we are irritated by some bugs in this program,
like all contig indicate base A, but the concensus is a T?!
I will appreciate if somebody could give me some advice.
Thanks in advance!

Ling Qin
Laboratory of Nematology
Wageningen University and Research Center
Binnenhaven 10, Wageningen
6709 PD, the Netherlands
Tel:31-317-485255
Fax:31-317-485267