Help! Looking for an alignment program that will..

becca at becca at
Thu Nov 9 15:58:04 EST 2000

I am looking for a sequence alignment program which I can use to do the

1. Input a set of N sequences
2. Have sequences 2 through N aligned to sequence 1
3. Display the resulting alignments in a single output file with
    sequences 2 through N aligned to sequence 1

If the output can be edited (colored/shaded) that would be even

I would also like to find a program which will allow me to
define to portions of my protein sequence as either alpha
helix or beta-strand and then output the sequence with
the 'cylinders' and 'arrows' above the regions which i defined
as a-helix, b-strand respectively.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rebecca Page
The Scripps Research Institute