Web-based lab-journal and/or -management?

Sebastian Bunka seb at i112pc09.vu-wien.ac.at
Wed Dec 5 05:12:06 EST 2001

Christoph Gartmann <gartmann at immunbio.mpg.de> wrote:
> Hello,

> we are interested in software that offers the following:
> - web based interface
> - allows people in a lab to enter, organize, archive and link their data and
>  manuscripts (such as text, word-documents, images, experimental data,...)
> - should keep track of who entered what and when
> - we wouldn't mind to find a company who offers hosting of the data

> All in all it should replace the currently hand-written laboraty journals
> and various zips and CDs. Any hints?

> Regards,
>   Christoph Gartmann

Maybe you'd like to have a look at LISA

http://labinfo.sourceforge.net
Quote:
=====
Welcome to the LISA homepage!

LISA is a web-based database system for protein crystallography and
molecular biology. It was designed to store a wide range of experimental
laboratory data generated in the course of a research project.

Stored information can be easily retrieved and analysed via web browsers.
The system is expandable and can be readily customized to meet the users
demands.

LISA is freely distributed under the GNU General Public License and we
encourage users to play an active part in the future development. The
project is being hosted at Sourceforge where a perfect environment for
collaborative development is provided.
=====

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Bunka, Dr. med. vet.
Inst. Med. Chemistry, Vet. University Vienna
e-mail: Sebastian.Bunka at vu-wien.ac.at