web interface: w2h,www2gcg,pise,seqweb?

Don Gilbert gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu
Tue Mar 6 07:28:30 EST 2001

David,

You've outlined available options as I know about.  Pise seems
currently the most adapable project for combining multiple
bioinfo. analysis tools thru a web interface -- thanks to
Catherine Letondal.

I'm not sure though if Pise contains secure login methods needed
to run as local user interface. The w2h secure login methods
are in part what is holding up my use of it -- I'm not sure they
are secure enough to overlay on a unix passworded account
system.  I haven't seen seqweb in how it handles security.

Maybe among us we can adapt some mix of pise and w2h to handle
all  EMBOSS, GCG, Staden packages and various other free-standing
molbio. tools.

- Don

PS, I still hope to find time to work out a more usable interface
between SeqPup (user GUI client) to server commandline tools such as
GCG, EMBOSS, etc.

PPS - if you see this note twice, apologies - IU news server hasn't
updated its bionet. moderated group list in years.

--
-- d.gilbert--bioinformatics--indiana-u--bloomington-in-47405
-- gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu

---