Blast XML output problem

Alexandre Irrthum irrthum at bchm.ucl.ac.be
Thu May 3 03:47:07 EST 2001

Hello,

I recently (march 19) downloaded from NCBI and installed the stand-alone
blast binary for linux on a computer (AMD 1.2 GHz processor with 768 MB
memory) running RedHat 6.2 (kernel 2.4.1). The program is doing fine,
except when I use the '-m 7' option for XML output, which consistently
results in the program crashing with a "Segmentation fault (core dumped)".
The VERSION file of the program says : Tue Oct 31 15:13:10 EST 2000. Did
anybody ever encounter the same problem ? Is there any fix ?

Thank you for your help,

Alexandre Irrthum

Laboratory of Human Molecular Genetics (GRM-HMG)
Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology
Avenue Hippocrate 75+4, bp. 75.39
B- 1200 Brussels              Belgium

Alexandre Irrthum
Laboratory of Human Molecular Genetics (GRM-HMG)
Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology
Avenue Hippocrate 75+4, bp. 75.39
B- 1200 Brussels
Belgium

phone :		32-2-764 6531