Tree Editor for Linux

joe at joe at
Tue May 8 09:10:06 EST 2001

In article <9d5osf$e6e$1 at>,
Kent A Vander Velden <graphix at> wrote:
>  Hi.  Does anyone know of an easy to use tree editor for Linux?
>Editing parenthesis (e.g. phylip) trees with a text editor can only be
>done for so long :)

PHYLIP has a tree editor, RETREE.  There are others (Rick Ree mentioned his,
Mavric in another reply).  My Phylogeny Programs web page at the PHYLIP site:
(") lists a
bunch of them under the heading "Interactive Tree Manipulation".  (Strangely,
I forgot to put Mavric under that heading).

Joe Felsenstein         joe at