BLAST and Ensembl database

F. Coulier coulier at marseille.inserm.fr
Fri May 18 04:31:52 EST 2001

Hi!

I have a few problems with my BLAST server and an Ensembl database.

Whenever I launch a BLAST search form my BLAST web server, using the
Ensembl predicted peptide database, I get a segmentation fault.
I don't have this type of problem when I use other databases, nor when I
use the same dbase with the command line version of BLAST.

I use the NCBI wwwblast from Nov. 2000. I've tried earlier versions, and
also the last one (May 2001), with the same segmentation fault problem
(in addition, with the last version, I have problems with the alignments
in the output).
The database is Ensembl predictes peptide Ver.1.0.0
(ensembl.genscan.fa.gz).
All this on a PC running Linux (Mandrake 7.1, kernel 2.4.0).

I'd be more than happy if someone could give me clues on how to solve
this problems! Right now, I don't even know what is faulty, BLAST,
Ensembl db, my system...

Thanks for your help!
François

François Coulier,        mél: coulier at marseille.inserm.fr
INSERM Unité 119, 27 bd Leï Roure, 13009 Marseille, France
Tel: 33 (0) 4 91 75 84 23 Fax: 33 (0) 4 91 26 03 64
Site ouaibe: http://u119.marseille.inserm.fr/