MolScript under Linux

Cornelius Krasel krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Nov 1 08:06:58 EST 2001

Alexandre Irrthum <irrthum at bchm.ucl.ac.be> wrote:
> I am trying to compile molscript v2.1.2 with OpenGL support under SuSE
> Linux 7.2. I am using a Makefile for RedHat 5.2 provided on the
> MolScript website. Recent Mesa and MesaGLUT libraries are installed on
> my system but make complains with this :
>
> opengl.c:21: GL/glut.h: No such file or directory
>
> This header file is indeed not present anywhere on my computer.

It appears that something of your Mesa library is missing (possibly you
installed only the library but not the include files, but I am not
familiar enough with RedHat to properly judge this). On my machine
(SuSE 6.3), glut.h exists and is required for compilation of Molscript
(I compiled 2.0.1, and the OpenGL support works).

~% locate glut.h
/usr/include/GL/glut.h
~% rpm -qf /usr/include/GL/glut.h
mesa-3.0-69