Implementing Standalone WWW Blast Server - RH Linux 7.0

Mike Coleman mkc at mathdogs.com
Fri Oct 19 10:54:57 EST 2001

fleck004NOSPAM at umn.edu (Peter Fleck) writes:
> SUCCESS!
>
> We tried the standalone WWW Blast server on a Solaris work station and it
> worked fine 'out of the box.'  So we will forget about the Linux version
> for now.

Glad you got it working.  I recently installed this on a Linux box and it
seemed to work fine (though on a RedHat 6 box).

The "Illegal Instruction" sounds like it's coming from a signal of the same
name, which most likely is due to some sort of dynamic library mismatch.  If
you have any further interest in following this up, it'd be interesting to see
the output from the four commands below.

--Mike

bash-2.05$ file blast.REAL
blast.REAL: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
bash-2.05$ md5sum blast.REAL
c243efc1e2ea2ca4aa5b02c279c81e86  blast.REAL
bash-2.05$ ldd ./blast.REAL
        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x40023000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x40045000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4005b000)
bash-2.05$ ./blast.REAL < /dev/null
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="2; URL=blast.html">bash-2.05$

--
Our local university offers a three hour course, College Algebra, which covers
"elementary algebra, solution of equations, functions, exponential and