Algorithm question: minimal sets?

Jonathan Epstein Jonathan_Epstein at
Tue Sep 18 11:04:13 EST 2001

I just sent composed a long response to this which may have been lost due to
operator error

Here's a summary: I believe that this problem is known as the Set Cover
Decision Problem, and is NP-Hard, i.e., it requires exponential time.

Here are some resources:

news:Pine.GSO.4.31.0109131835160.232-100000 at saga12.Stanford.EDU...