Help: what is the best search engine to use in regulatory, legal affairs and competitive intelligence departments?

Peter Stoehr stoehr at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Aug 10 05:14:12 EST 2002

John,
maybe worth peeking at:

Stratify
Verity K2
Inktomi
Autonomy
Oracle interMedia (now Oracle Text)
AltaVista

... quite difficult to evaluate comprehensively I found.

Being in a pharma, maybe you have Oracle already, and I think
that Oracle Text is getting quite serious for some text processing purposes.
Anyway we have looked closest at Oracle and Verity for a biomedical text
search engine - quite a difficult task to evaluate them all sensibly !

But also ask in comp.infosystems.search or look around at:
http://searchenginewatch.com/
http://www.searchtools.com/index.html

Regards,
Peter Stoehr