Help: what is the best search engine to use in regulatory, legal affairs and competitive intelligence departments?

Peter Stoehr stoehr at
Sat Aug 10 05:14:12 EST 2002

maybe worth peeking at:

Verity K2
Oracle interMedia (now Oracle Text)

... quite difficult to evaluate comprehensively I found.

Being in a pharma, maybe you have Oracle already, and I think
that Oracle Text is getting quite serious for some text processing purposes.
Anyway we have looked closest at Oracle and Verity for a biomedical text
search engine - quite a difficult task to evaluate them all sensibly !

But also ask in or look around at:

Peter Stoehr