opening .ab1 files directly under MacOS?

Richard Cooke cooke at univ-perp.fr
Thu Feb 14 04:32:05 EST 2002

Roland,

	You don't say how your transferring your files (Mac to Mac, ftp, ...?).
Whatever your method, make sure your transfer is in binary mode. ftp
clients tend to think ab1 files are text.

	On your Mac, try mapping the extension ".ab1" to tha Applied application
Sequence Analysis. On older systems, that can be done either directly in
the client preferences (we use Fetch as ftp client), through Internet
Config or the control panel Internet. On OS10 I've no idea.

extension
.ab1
file type	ABI1
creator