Book recommendations for C++ programmer?

Heinz R. Vahlbruch heinz.robert at vahlbruch.net
Mon Feb 18 04:16:59 EST 2002

Hello,

I'm a C++ programmer and I would like to shift my programming interests to
BioScience. Unfortunately I don't have a strong biological background yet. I
would like to ask whether any of you has a recommendation for books
introducing Bioinformatics for Computer Sciences people. I'm looking for an
overview on key topics, working areas, for what problems programs are used,
what they should do and information about algorithms to solve problems.

Please post answers into the group.

Thank you very much and have a great time,

Heinz R. Vahlbruch
heinz.robert at vahlbruch.net