software to draw circular evolutionary tree?

Andrea webmaster at bioinformatik.de
Tue Jul 16 09:14:45 EST 2002

Hi Jonathan,
do you know the Phylip package (Joe Felsenstein):
http://evolution.genetics.washington.edu/phylip.html

There is a option "circular tree" in the tree drawing program
drawgram.
You can test it online at:
http://bioweb.pasteur.fr/seqanal/interfaces/drawgram.html

Because of the various output options there is no problem to color
some of the nodes post-facto.

Andrea
www.bioinformatik.de

"Jonathan Epstein" <Jonathan_Epstein at nih.gov> wrote in message news:<isiX8.88$M5.1195996 at mencken.net.nih.gov>...
> Is there any software out there to draw an evolutionary tree 'rooted' near
> the center of the page, with 'spokes' coming out?  The tree should be
> determined by comparing aligned protein sequences.
>
> In the best case, I'd like to be able to manipulate the output so that I can
> color some of the nodes post-facto.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Jonathan
---