Primer design problem

Vince Mulholland Vince.Mulholland at sasa.gsi.gov.uk
Thu Jun 6 04:00:59 EST 2002

I want to design primers for RT-PCR which have one of the primers in one
exon, and the second in another exon. This is for a control reaction to
ensure that the RT-PCR is working. However, I would like to design a whole
series of these primers. Using a normal primer design program it will take
hours to get the primers I'm after for each control.

Is there a program that can take a sequence (e.g. from GenBank, with the
data about intron/exon boundries) and design primers across the splice
boundries with minimal manual input?

Vince

Vincent Mulholland,
Molecular Biology Unit Manager,
Diagnostics & Molecular Biology Section,
Scottish Agricultural Science Agency,
East Craigs,
Edinburgh EH12 8NJ, U.K.

E-Mail: Vince.Mulholland at sasa.gsi.gov.uk