Incremental updates

Johanne Duhaime duhaimj at ircm.qc.ca
Fri Mar 15 10:12:17 EST 2002

Hello

At the beginning of the week, I posted a message regarding regular
incremenental update of local databases. I had very few answers which I
really appreciated. But I was suprised to find little information on
that topic. As far as I see there are three solutions which are not
quite ideal.

1- Be a mirror of a site which is to big for us
2- Use Syncron for EBI but all the information is from 1996
3- Use fmerge with blast databases at NCBI and accept to have some
duplicate and to download the whole databases once a while to clean it.

Is that make the real picture of that part of the world?

P.S. Sorry for my poor english

--
Johanne Duhaime
IRCM