2002.0 release of the Staden Package

staden-package at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk staden-package at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 1 08:38:56 EST 2002

We are pleased to announce that the official (non-beta) 2002.0 release of the
Staden Package is now available[1].

Prebuilt binaries are available for Linux, Solaris, Digital Unix, Irix, MacOS
X (10.2 only) and MS Windows from:

  http://www.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/pubseq/downloads.html

There are a number of changes since the 2001 release, so please see the
release notes for the full details:

  http://www.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/pubseq/2002.0.html

Finally note that we have just sent out licences to all academics who received
a 2001.0 licence. In some cases these licences may be inappropriate (as we
used an automated script to simply pick the last licence we sent to people, so
if you obtained several before you'll only get an upgrade of the latest
one). Also note that our commercial users are eligible for a free licence
upgrade provided they purchased the package within the last year.

As usual, if you need a new licence please use the form at

  http://www.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/pubseq/licence.html

as this simplifies processing at our end. (This is all completely free to
academics.)

       The Staden Package development team.

[1] It has been available for a week, so if you have already downloaded it
please note that this is not a new upgrade.
--
James Bonfield (jkb at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk)   Fax: (+44) 01223 213556
Also see Staden Package WWW site at http://www.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/pubseq/

---