phred and phrap on mac os X?

Robin Colgrove robin at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Sep 30 03:43:02 EST 2002

Does anyone have the bioinformatics programs phred and phrap running
on Mac OS X?

I have applied for an academic license but the phrap site does not
mention anything about OS X (except to say that it should work on most
UNIXes).

The Apple scitech site seems to refer only to the commercial MacPhrap.

The license forbids redistribution, but if anyone has a HowTo for
compiling phred/phrap (and consed, but this looks like it may require
Xfree86, which I have not yet installed) on OS X, I'd be grateful.

thanks

robin colgrove
dept of microbiology and molecular genetics
harvard school of medicine