Release of BioSVG 0.01

Malay Kumar Basu curiouser at gene.ccmbindia.org
Fri Apr 4 04:44:20 EST 2003

Dear fellow Biosoftware hackers:

I release the first preview release of BioSVG. Dowload it from:
http://www.ccmb.res.in/malay/biosvg/

To run it your need Pastel. Dowload it from:
http://www.ccmb.res.in/malay/pastel/

For the uninitiated:
BioSVG is a Perl framework for generating Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
images. For a demo see: http://www.bioinformatics.org/savvy

This release just contains one module Chromatogram.pm. It does a pretty
intelligent job! Yep, it draws chromatogram. I am sorry, no doc yet.

Here it all takes to draw a chromatogram from an ABI chromatogram file.

use BioSVG;
my $trace = BioSVG::Chromatogram->create_from_file(
				-file=>'TEST.ab1', # file name

				-type=>"ABI",      # only ABI supported
						   # no SCF yet

				-height=>200,      # height in pixels

				-hscale=>2);       # Just a number
						   # increase it to flare
						   # up the picks

$trace->draw();
$trace->show();

Hope you guys like it.

Malay
Malay Kumar Basu
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology
Hyderabad 500007
I N D I A

Fax: +91-40-7160591 or +91-40-7160311
Phone: +91-40-7160222