Genome analysis

Gordon D. Pusch gdpusch at NO.xnet.SPAM.com
Fri Aug 29 05:47:49 EST 2003

"Jonathan Warawa" <jwarawa at ucalgary.ca> writes:

> I would like to find out if there is software to convert a genome into open
> reading frames so that it can be analyzed for mass spectroscopy.  Is there
> such a series of tools out there that does not require that I manually do
> this (which is unrealistic to say the least).

It is a fairly straightforward exercise to write a perl script to do this;
I I expect that if you try typing some relevant keywords into Google you
will stumble across one fairly quickly.

You might also try downloading Glimmer-2.1 from TIGR, now that they have gone
"Open Source."

-- Gordon D. Pusch

perl -e '$_ = "gdpusch\@NO.xnet.SPAM.com\n"; s/NO\.//; s/SPAM\.//; print;'