Public domain or GPL multiple alignment tools ???

Greg Dougherty gregd at
Thu Feb 27 05:29:37 EST 2003

Jellyfish does multiple sequence alignment. When I wrote the MSA code
(actually, I ported the relevant parts of Clustal W to Java),
Jellyfish was free to use.

"Gordon D. Pusch" wrote:
> Are there any good multiple alignment tools that are public domain or GPL ???
> CLUSTALW is excellent, but it appears to require a licensing agreement for
> non-academic users...
> -- Gordon D. Pusch
> perl -e '$_ = "gdpusch\\n"; s/NO\.//; s/SPAM\.//; print;'

Greg Dougherty

"It takes a particularly rarified variety of idiot to look at a
Jew-hating fascist with a small mustache - and decide that his
opponent is the Nazi."

James Lileks