BLAST software?

Jonathan Epstein Jonathan_Epstein at nih.gov
Tue Jan 28 15:04:49 EST 2003

It sounds as though you want to do a multiple alignment, using software such
as CLUSTALW, and avoid BLAST entirely for this project.

If this doesn't meet your needs, you can consider writing your own software
which manipulates BLAST results.  E.g., you can use BioPerl
(www.bioperl.org) as a building block to write your software, since it knows
how to parse BLAST output and also has well-defined notions of DNA sequence
data and its manipulation.

Good luck,

Jonathan

news:kg633vcpp889amhb4d6sb6n8l57lhhcpoc at 4ax.com...