Software for pretty formatting of sequences?

Tim Cutts timc at
Tue Jun 17 13:16:30 EST 2003

In article <uuapevg5h9j5pukf26eu0qn71do0glnte2 at>,
Peter Frank <peter_frankde at> wrote:
>I am looking for a program for pretty formatting of sequences (not
>I have several raw sequence data files and they are nothing but
>letters, of course. That way they look pretty dull and it is very hard
>to find any orientation from such a sequence when printed on paper.
>Therefore, the program I am looking for should:
>* be able to perform automatic sequence blocking with selectable
>numbers of characters and columns
>* be able to put position numbers to the left and/or to the right of
>each sequence line

I've written a perl script to do all of the above in the past, although
that was for Incyte, and is code that I no longer have, since I don't
work there any more.

It's pretty trivial to do, though.

I'll see if I can reinvent my code.