tools and options for EST consensus sequences

ketil+news at ii.uib.no ketil+news at ii.uib.no
Mon Nov 3 07:05:35 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm looking for tips on how to tune current tools for EST consensus
sequence generation.  I'm currently trying out Phrap, CAP3 and the
TIGR assembler, and just running them on the sequences (from UniGene,
no chromatograms or quality information) without specifying any
particular options.  I'm curious what experiences people have with
assembling ESTs, and what options they you find optimal.

Thanks for any guidance,

-kzm