MIRA sequence assembler, new version
bach at chevreux.org
Tue Nov 11 13:24:27 EST 2003
an improved version of the MIRA 2 sequence assembler for genome or EST
assembly is available.
I have merged the 2.1 development branch into the main trunk, effectively
declaring the version to be 2.2 (and, after some polishing, 2.2.5).
Some new highlights:
- EST assembly now fully supported, even for non-normalised libraries.
Analysis of SNP types implemented.
- more result-, status- and logiles written
- improved alignment
- full IUPAC support
- new data preprocessing options (quality clipping, sequencing vector
leftover clipping, tagging of poly-A/T in ESTs etc.)
- overall improved speed and memory utilization in algorithms dedicated to
- reading of supplementary trace information in NCBI XML format supported
and a lot of tweaks to create better assemblies.
More information, download, documentation etc. available at
-- The universe has its own cure for stupidity. --
-- Unfortunately, it doesn't always apply it. --
More information about the Bio-soft