[OT?] search promoter

Kevin Karplus karplus at cheep.cse.ucsc.edu
Wed Apr 7 02:24:47 EST 2004

In article <Kwf9c.108924$z23.4614465 at news3.tin.it>, "agostino" wrote:
> Dear friends
> I have a DNA sequence (80 kb) from Nonomurea.
> I looking for an application to search promoter into this sequence but I
> don't find any program .
> Know you program to resolve my problem ?
>

> Ps= I don't know transcriptional startpoint from any putative ORF !!

The page http://bip.weizmann.ac.il/bio_tools/dna-tools.html
lists 10 promoter search sites.  I've not used any of them, but you
may find one of them to be handy.  If you only have one 80kb sequence,
trying them all should not be too hard.

--
Kevin Karplus 	karplus at soe.ucsc.edu	http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus
Affiliations for identification only.