open source reference software?

Yueh ylee at ebony.bme.unc.edu
Tue Feb 3 14:50:39 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm interested in managing my references, local PDFs, etc, but in a way I
can store on a server so I can access it from home, office, etc, and also
be available for my labmates/colleagues to also access. I've found
refbase.net (open source), which meets most of my needs (eprints is a bit
unwieldy for my application) - does anyone know of similar applications?
or have any experience with refbase.net?

I'd appreciate any thoughts on managing my rapidly growing set of PDFs,
references, etc. I use Endnote as a Citation manager, but I would still
like something to interact with colleagues more easily.

Thanks!
-Ray