Local setup of sequence alignment tools?

Paul Wary paul_wary at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 07:43:19 EST 2004

There are several sequence alignment programs (e.g. Dialign, Spidey)
available on the Web, which are accessible through HTML-based forms
(however, this means I have to go online every time I want to perform
an alignment). Sometimes excutables for several computer platforms can
be downloaded but usually they are command-line operated, which is not
very convenient.

Is it possible to set up a local HTML-based form or any other type of
user-friendly interface using the command-line operated DOS
executables? I do not know any programming languages but I do know
some HTML.

Paul
---