ABIC2004 - AgBiotech goes Europe!
ABIC 2004 Conference
newsletter at abic2004.org
Mon Sep 6 05:39:15 EST 2004
Dear Madam and Sir,
ABIC2004 in Cologne (12th to 15th September 2004) is one of the most important
international conferences on agricultural biotechnology. Scientists, industrial
managers, investors and policy makers will come together for an intensive
exchange of experience in order to give new momentum to further the development
of agricultural biotechnology and to enable co-operations between academic
research institutes and partners from industry.
This high level conference aims to bring 'AgBiotech back to Europe'. With
the imminent lift of the de facto moratorium on genetically modified food,
the implementation of new European regulations and a more competitive European
market, this conference is important as ever to give new impulses to the
European AgBiotech research and AgBiotech business in Europe.
The county of Northrhine-Westfalia supports the ABIC and its' organisation
ideally and financially. In addition well-known national and international
companies will be presented as exhibitors in Cologne. High-ranking speakers
and decisionmakers from Economy and Politics will present on the conference
(among others Kast, BASF; Garthoff, Bayer CropScience; Steinbrück, MP NRW;
Busquin, DG Research EC; Beachy, Donald Danforth Plant Science Center,
Highlights, which characterise this event are:
- the conference with scientific, economical or political lectures
- the partnering event, which takes place at the venue and virtual
on a special internet platform
- the poster competition, an event especially for the young scientific
- the fair, where companies will present the broad range of agricultural
biotechnology: from breeding, genetic engineering to food processing
- the comprehensive supporting programme, e.g. a biotech-tour to various
biotechnology sites in Cologne and in the surrounding area
Use the ABIC2004 to complement the sales and marketing activities of your
company/ organization. Take the opportunity to
- listen to top class speakers
- meet people from important companies who might be interested to
bring on the market what you have just developed
- to get first hand insights on what is in the pipeline
- present your company/ organization with a booth during the exhibition
- and/or present your company with a lecture in the Business Forum
to a top-class, international audience.
Take the chance to generate additional revenue potential for your company!
In addition we offer very attractive sponsorship packages. Well-known
companies use already this opportunity to present themselves throughout
the conference on a large number on events.
For further information please visit our web-side www.abic2004.org or contact
us by phone or e-mail. Use our Online-Registration http://www.abic2004.org/registration
We are looking forward to seeing you on ABIC2004 !
ABIC 2004 Conference Office
Nattermannallee 1 D-50829 Cologne
email: contact at abic2004.org
phone: + 49 221-49299-55
fax: + 49-221-49299-560
More information about the Bio-soft