BioInformatics Curriculum

basm101 basm101 at
Wed Apr 13 13:28:56 EST 2005

I am a Bioinformatics PhD student. I dont know about Stem Cell stuff,
but in my opinion useful stuff to know is:

A scripting language e.g. perl or python
MySQL databases
CGI programming for the web and website design
Structural Biology
Molecular Evolution/Phylogeny e.g. clustal, phylip, paup, mrbayes...
Using BLAST and accessing NCBI/EBI databases
Bioinformatics for Microarray design and analysis
Primer design tools for molecular biology

There are many online tutorials on bioinformatics to be found through

good luck,