[Bio-software] Announcement: MIRA V2.6.0 genome and EST assembler
(by bach At chevreux.org)
Wed Dec 13 20:14:44 EST 2006
MIRA is a sequence assembly system suited for genome and EST sequences.
After merging the 2.5 development line back into the main tree, this release
brings in a number of speed and accuracy enhancements together with
decreased memory footprint.
- new, easy to use-and-combine parameter switches for predefined tasks:
quick switches. (also called dwim: Do-What-I-Mean switches). One now needs
to set just some three switches (from a set of a dozen or so) to get to
nice assemblies adapted to different conditions. No more fiddling with
120+ parameters (although fine tuning with these is of course still
- reduced memory footprint and increased speed in many areas.
- new output types (e.g. GBF and TCS)
- enhanced convert_project utility. Converts more assembly file formats
- bugfixes and some streamlining
The MIRA sequence assembler is available precompiled for free (as in beer)
for 64 and 32 bit Linux platforms at http://chevreux.org/projects_mira.html
More information about the Bio-soft